Director, IT Operations
Reporting into the CTO, the Director of IT Operations is responsible to direct and implement the vision, strategy, and resourcing for technology infrastructure services at Ethoca, both external customer facing and internal facing.
This role requires a high degree of business acumen with the ability to lead a technical practice that drives business value. Be a business and technical leader, lead from a place of experience and lead by example while actively crafting systems, processes and procedures which scale to meet the needs, of our high-growth organization.
The Director of IT Operations will interact with a broad range of stakeholders and external/internal customers, this will require a well-developed and demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical concepts.
The ideal candidate will have a DevOps oriented mindset, that will lead our ongoing change towards the empowerment of Dev Teams to safely push changes into production and respond to any breakages, providing support for those activities and backstopping them where necessary.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Ethoca
- Responsible for all servers, storage, and networking within the Ethoca environment; and for coordinating the automated deployment, monitoring, and primary response for Ethoca’s software services, supporting applications, and internal infrastructure.
- Provide leadership to technologically sophisticated managers and employees in the Production Operations division
- Empower the team and provide them with the information, tools, and skills needed to be successful
- Effectively form and communicate strategy, roadmap, and progress to a wide constituency across Ethoca
- Foster positive communications and relationships between teams and across organizational boundaries
- Support and provide leadership for our ongoing move towards a distributed DevOps orientation
- Maintain exceptionally high levels of uptime and DR capabilities, champion proper change control, placing a special focus on our customer facing systems
- Form partnerships with the leaders of Software Development, Security and Corporate IT, Enterprise Information Systems, Compliance, and our Senior Technologists to drive cultural change
- Provide innovative infrastructure services and tooling that demonstrates leadership in our industry
- Successfully and productively operate within a high security, high compliance environment
- Actively participate in the ongoing budget process and oversee all technology infrastructure spending
- Develop and provide quantitative reports of infrastructure performance and uptime
- Manage team capacity and put forward well thought through quantitatively backed business proposals for review
- Effectively hire and onboard new team members
- Communicate with other departments and handle any escalating issues in a timely manner
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, in Computer Science or Computer Engineering focus would be preferred. Master’s in computer science, Engineering, or Business Management preferred
- 5+ years managerial experience in information technology
- 10+ professional experience with infrastructure technology
- Proven experience with DevOps practices and transformation
- A high degree of technological competence and understanding
- Superb communications skills, a people-first orientation, and a proven ability to manage through managers
- Experienced, natural leader who knows how to motivate and inspire teams to perform
- Experience working within a high security, PCI, SOCC2 compliant organization
Please forward your resume and a covering letter to Recruiting-Technology@ethoca.com with “Director, IT Operations” in the subject line. We will only be contacting those individuals who we believe are the best potential fit with our requirements.
At Ethoca, we welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, family care status, veteran status, marital status, or any other lawfully protected status in every jurisdiction in which we operate. We are committed to a diverse workforce that provides fair and equal opportunity for all employees and candidates.