Do you want to be part of an innovator that is changing the ecommerce landscape and reinventing the way global merchants and issuers combat fraud and increase payment acceptance through collaboration? If you’re excited by shattering expectations and making a contribution that will turn stale thinking into breakthrough ideas, Ethoca is the place for you. We welcome the challengers and thought leaders. We want the agile, creative risk-takers who can address challenges with an open mind, the freedom to innovate and the strength to dominate.
Ethoca’s growth is explosive, and only great problem-solvers, collaborators and thinkers can help us take it to the next level. If that sounds like you, keep reading.
Ethoca is proving that ecommerce should be about one thing: commerce. Fraud and chargebacks disrupt the entire ecommerce payments ecosystem, driving both card issuers and merchants to focus on resolving disputes instead of increasing card acceptance and revenue. Ethoca’s suite of card acceptance and fraud mitigation services changes all that.
Ethoca was founded in 2005, with headquarters in Toronto, and offices in Austin, London, Paris, Phoenix and Melbourne. Through our global network of confirmed fraud and customer dispute data, Ethoca helps more than 5,400 merchants 570 card issuers in 40+ countries stop fraud, eliminate chargebacks, increase acceptance and improve the customer experience every day.
The Product Manager will own and drive requirements for Ethoca’s Innovation team and execute the go-to-market strategy spanning multiple geographic regions and across multiple channels. The individual will determine customers' needs and desires via strategic engagement so as to understand their vision. They will work directly with customers and internal business and technology teams, in devising comprehensive solutions to address current and emerging opportunities, as well as anticipating future product innovations.
- Manage the entire end-to-end product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Own product vision, direction, and problem assessment on behalf of the client, working with business stakeholders to discover, define, assess and document business needs and requirements in a comprehensive form to be implemented by the development team.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for Ethoca core products
- Ensure all key business stakeholders sign off on requirements
- Document business workflows with an appropriate tool, such as Visio.
- Manage defects and requirements prioritization process.
- Work with the Development, QA and Data Teams to ensure timely delivery of releases; devise solutions for improving the product delivery lifecycle and optimizing processes.
- Conduct previews, demos and UAT with key business stakeholders prior to release to get sign-off for release. Educate wider business stakeholders on new features and enhancements post-release by doing demos and providing release notes.
- Collaborate with other product managers to ensure all technical projects are aligned with the overall corporate strategy
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 3-5 years of experience as a Product Manager, Technical Product Manager or similar role within a technology driven business environment
- 3+ years experience working within the Payments, Ecommerce and/or Fraud Management industry
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills most notably with end users, IT personnel, and other stakeholders at all levels across the organization
- Experience gathering, defining, documenting and presenting product requirements, using DFD’s, Process Diagrams, Flow Charts and Sequence Diagrams
- Ability to create mock-ups /screenshots and provide a walk-through of business processes in order to facilitate discussion
- Experience with Agile Scrum development process in the role of Product Owner (e.g., daily scrum, pre-planning meetings, story creation prioritization, ranking, sprint review meetings, sprint retrospective meetings etc.). Experience supporting multiple scrum teams simultaneously is a big plus.
- Strong understanding of current web, data and cloud technologies
- Experience in managing a software release cycle and ensuring delivery of products, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Ability to actively manage competing priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent research, analytical and problem-solving skills supported by project management experience; team leadership and facilitation capabilities.
Please forward your resume and a covering letter to email@example.com with “Product Manager” in the subject line. We will only be contacting those individuals who we believe are the best potential fit with our requirements.
At Ethoca, we welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, family care status, veteran status, marital status, or any other lawfully protected status in every jurisdiction in which we operate. We are committed to a diverse workforce that provides fair and equal opportunity for all employees and candidates.