Security Operations Analyst
Ethoca is proving that ecommerce should be about one thing: commerce. Fraud and chargebacks disrupt the entire ecommerce payments ecosystem, driving both card issuers and merchants to focus on resolving disputes instead of increasing card acceptance and revenue. Ethoca’s suite of card acceptance and fraud mitigation services changes all that.
Before Ethoca’s flagship service – Ethoca Alerts – every day merchants and issuers would identify thousands of confirmed or suspected fraudulent transactions in isolation. They had no way of bridging this costly – and completely avoidable – divide. When Ethoca introduced Ethoca Alerts in 2011, it revolutionized the industry’s approach to fighting ecommerce fraud. Ethoca Alerts closes the information gap between card issuers and merchants, giving merchants unprecedented direct access to issuers’ cardholder-confirmed fraud intelligence. As part of Ethoca’s collaboration-based network, for the first time merchant businesses have a window of opportunity to act on fraud that has already been confirmed by Ethoca’s global network of card issuers. Beyond Ethoca Alerts, the company is moving quickly to bring a new generation of services to market focused on card acceptance, including Order Rescue.
Ethoca was founded in 2005, with headquarters in Toronto, and offices in Austin, London and Paris. Seven of the top ten ecommerce brands, seven of the top nine U.S. card issuers, two of the top five UK card issuers and more than 3,500 ecommerce businesses around the world rely on Ethoca solutions and the network that powers them.
To support our continued growth and success, we are seeking a Security Operations Analyst to assist in all operational aspects of our security program. The ideal candidate will have solid experience in information security technologies, incident management, vulnerability management, and excellent technical and communication skills. If you are looking for a challenge that will allow you to collaborate within a dynamic operations team, working in a fast-paced environment, this position is for you.
- Improve and maintain security device (firewall, IDS, IPS, etc.) review program focused on review efficiency, standards definition, and change management correctness
- Maintain operational security posture through incident management and responsiveness, vulnerability management and assessment, key management, access provisioning, upgrade planning, and policy configuration
- Be first responder to security incidents and manage that process as required
- Oversee/execute internal vulnerability scans
- Plan and co-ordinate identity management infrastructure changes
- Refine security advisory monitoring program, including:
- Tabletop scenario reaction planning
- Assess applicability to Ethoca environment
- Document mitigation plans, including policy/procedure updates
- Participate in audits and assessments and provide support, as appropriate
- Analyze established operational security controls and procedures and recommend improvements
- Evaluate appropriate tools for supporting the security operations function
- Communicate technical security standards throughout organization
What you bring
- 1-3 years focused on security administration
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, mathematics, physical sciences or engineering fields or equivalent experience/certification
- Windows and Linux/UNIX administration experience
- Solid understanding of transport (and above) layer protocols
- Working understanding of cryptography
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a PCI DSS environment
- Knowledge of hardware security modules, single-sign on, and identity management an asset
- Nice to have CISSP, CCSP or CSSLP
Please forward your resume and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Security Operations Analyst” in the subject line. We will only be contacting those individuals who we believe are the best potential fit with our requirements.
At Ethoca, we welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, family care status, veteran status, marital status, or any other lawfully protected status in every jurisdiction in which we operate. We are committed to a diverse workforce that provides fair and equal opportunity for all employees and candidates.