Careers with Ethoca
Head, Product Strategy & InnovationToronto, Canada or Austin, Texas
Application Security Specialist - TorontoToronto (Yonge and Sheppard)
Senior Manager, Merchant SalesLondon, UK
Senior Java Web DeveloperToronto, Canada
Senior Marketing ManagerToronto, ON, Canada or Austin, TX, USA
Senior Relationship ManagerAustin, Texas
Market Development RepresentativeAustin, Texas
Customer Service Representative - Corporate ClientsToronto, ON
Posted: June 25, 2014
Location: Toronto, ON
Do you want to be part of an innovator that is changing the ecommerce landscape and reinventing the way global merchants and issuers combat fraud and increase payment acceptance through collaboration? If you’re excited by shattering expectations and making a contribution that will turn stale thinking into breakthrough ideas, Ethoca is the place for you. We welcome the challengers and thought leaders. We want the agile, creative risk-takers who can address challenges with an open mind, the freedom to innovate and the strength to dominate. Ethoca’s growth is explosive, and only great problem-solvers, collaborators and thinkers can help us take it to the next level. If that sounds like you, keep reading.
Ethoca is proving that ecommerce should be about one thing: commerce. Fraud and chargebacks disrupt the entire ecommerce payments ecosystem, driving both card issuers and merchants to focus on resolving disputes instead of increasing card acceptance and revenue. Ethoca’s suite of card acceptance and fraud mitigation services changes all that.
Before Ethoca’s flagship service – Ethoca Alerts – every day merchants and issuers would identify thousands of confirmed or suspected fraudulent transactions in isolation. They had no way of bridging this costly – and completely avoidable – divide. When Ethoca introduced Ethoca Alerts in 2010, it revolutionized the industry’s approach to fighting ecommerce fraud. Ethoca Alerts closes the information gap between card issuers and merchants, giving merchants unprecedented direct access to issuers’ cardholder-confirmed fraud intelligence. As part of Ethoca’s collaboration-based network, for the first time merchant businesses have a window of opportunity to act on fraud that has already been confirmed by Ethoca’s global network of card issuers. Beyond Ethoca Alerts, the company is moving quickly to bring a new generation of services to market focused on card acceptance, including Order Rescue.
Ethoca was founded in 2005, with headquarters in Toronto, and offices in Austin and London. Nine of the top ten ecommerce brands, three of the top four U.S. card issuers, two of the top five UK card issuers and more than 1,100 ecommerce businesses around the world rely on Ethoca solutions and the network that powers them. To find out more, please visit us online at www.ethoca.com.
Data is the lifeblood of our organization. To support our continued growth and success, we are seeking to recruit a business minded and strong technical leader as CIO. Reporting to the Chief Executive and partnering closely with Ethoca’s current Chief Technology Officer, the role is highly strategic and requires executive level collaboration across all aspects of the business, as well as with our customers and partners. The right individual will provide strategy, subject matter expertise and direction of all aspects that are associated with harnessing the value of our data in key areas such as: master data management, enterprise data integration, enterprise data warehousing, analytics and data quality. In addition, the CIO will lead development and implementation of Ethoca’s future business application roadmap, solutions and implementation. The CIO and CTO will share oversight of supporting functions such as security, infrastructure, networks, mobile devices and information delivery in effective ways, particularly leveraging existing architecture that Ethoca has in place wherever possible. The ideal candidate will also ensure that Ethoca’s information management organization is the trusted source of actionable insight and decision-making support, producing outcomes that drive the company to make timely, critical decisions that have a material impact on revenue and customer delight.
· Participate in strategic business planning and identify information and data related business implications, opportunities and change initiatives to meet strategic plans and growth initiatives;
· Deﬁne and execute on strategic priorities and objectives for the management and delivery of information and data throughout Ethoca;
· Co-lead the development of a comprehensive information management strategy that will enable the most effective, efficient use of data assets, applications and technology while keeping the costs of corporate data administration within reasonable limits;
· Apply your deep understanding of the nature and sources of ecommerce fraud data and the mechanisms through which it flows through the payment ecosystem to improve Ethoca's existing service offerings and customer value, as well as identify opportunities for new service innovations;
· Champion information as a strategic business asset and driver of revenue, both internally and with our customers and partners;
· Define the data governance strategy, and implement data standards and procedures across the enterprise;
· Unify data sources across the organization through cross platform/system data integrations based on the ‘single version of truth’ principle;
· Keep abreast of emerging technologies and determine how they can be best applied to increase operational efficiencies and achieve business outcomes;
· Build and lead a Business Intelligence and Data Analysis functional organizations;
· Build and lead a Business Applications functional organization, including focusing existing Ethoca skills effectively around an enterprise roadmap
· Oversee the procurement, implementation, maintenance and evolution of a Business Intelligence platform that will provide quick and reliable access to essential business data across the organization;
· Oversee the design, implementation, maintenance and evolution of a Business Applications platform that will support Ethoca’s functional requirements, growth and business process accountability to both internal and external stakeholders
· Develop and implement an effective and secure mobile device and application strategy for internal and (where needed), external stakeholders
· Co-lead development and implementation of effective disaster planning and back-up strategies and systems for Ethoca’s internal and external needs
· Ensure teams have the appropriate tools and processes in place to maximize efficiency and scale to meet future demand;
· Service the vastly growing demand on data coming from internal functional groups (i.e., Sales, Marketing, Product, Finance, Customer Service and Engineering), and our customers;
· Oversee the definition, architecture, integration, development, implementation, maintenance and support of all data systems that drive and enable business objectives;
· Anticipate the evolving data and information needs of a rapidly growing organization, including the impact that new product innovations will have on both the volume and complexity of data assets;
· Increase organizational effectiveness and productivity through improved processes and technology; and
· Cultivate a data-driven culture by establishing business metric dashboards across functional areas that enable KPI tracking.
Here’s what you offer:
· The ability to successful lead and execute the list above;
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field;
· An MBA or business degree would be a plus;
· At least 8 years of experience in a senior management position with responsibility over the data/information assets and systems of a product/service company;
· ecommerce payments fraud and/or credit card fraud industry experience;
· Leadership and execution experience in small and medium enterprises;
· A firm track record of dealing with the challenges and responsibilities of data leadership at the enterprise level – data management, data strategy, data architecture, big data roadmap, business intelligence, data warehouse;
· Possess a balance of technical skill, business knowledge, and people skills to smoothly navigate the technical and political hurdles of shepherding valuable corporate data;
· Visionary who looks around corners seeking best-in-class technology practices that align to organizational/business strategies;
· Extensive knowledge and proven capability in strategic planning;
· Proven ability to lead, inspire, mentor, develop and guide a team of IT professionals, ensuring accountability and personal development;
· A hands-on leader with an entrepreneurial mindset with experience working through the challenges of a small and rapidly growing product or service company;
· Demonstrated ability to share and communicate ideas effectively to executive staff, business partners, customers, and technical/product leadership teams;
· Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organizational skills;
· Deep understanding of industry trends and technology pertaining to data (e.g., Big Data, Hadoop) and the ability to assess their applicability to meeting business goals;
· Extensive information systems/technology knowledge and experience integrating internal systems and data sources;
· A proven track record of architecting and implementing data and BI solutions starting from scratch in a fast-paced environment;
· Deep knowledge across the data model, data integration, reporting and analytics tiers, as well as expert level knowledge in BI tools and technologies;
· Experience building out and managing a high performing data analytics team;
· Strong understanding of data mining, complex analysis, predictive analytics and associated tools for carrying out these tasks such as R, SPSS, SAS, etc.
Please forward your resume and a covering letter to email@example.com with “CIO” in the subject line. We will only be contacting those individuals who we believe are the best potential fit with our requirements.